RR#5, #1120 Cty Rd. 8
Ontario Tourism Region : Kawartha and Northumberland
- Accessible from the 401 on either Hwys 30 or 33 (exit 509-Brighton or exit 526-Glen Miller) to Campbellford or Stirling. Drive 20 km west of Stirling on Hwy 8 or 7 km east of Campbellford on Cty Rd. 8. #1120.
- Monday - Saturday 8am - 5 pm. Sunday 9am - 5 pm Closed Christmas and New Years.
- The first Empire Cheese Factory was built in the late 1870s, over 100 years ago, on the farm now owned by Glen and Sandra Petherick. The first cheesemaker was John Haig.
- Today, the Empire Cheese and Butter Coop is the only cheese manufacturing plant left in Northumberland County and the first one east of Toronto ! We are now HACCP registered, the top of the heap in food quality standards !
- The majority of Empire Cheese is now sold through the factory store and various outlets in the Peterborough, Lindsay, Oshawa, Cobourg, Stouffville,Orono,Port Perry,Markham,Merrickville, Uxbridge,Burlington Farmers' Market and surrounding areas..
- Empire Cheese is owned by local dairy farmers who hold an election each year to vote in a Board of Directors to run the factory. The factory employs 8 full-time and six part-time employees, with extra help at Christmas rush.
- We offer mild, medium, old and extra old cheddar as well as Colby, Mozzarella and Havarti. Flavours - Onion, Garlic, Caraway, Red Chilies (hot), Horseradish, Black Pepper, Dill Seed,Jalapeno,Salsa.
- Empire Cheese Factory offers a wide selection of gift baskets suitable for friends, relatives and that after-dinner speaker at your club. Our baskets include a variety of our famous cheeses complemented with high-quality biscuits, jams, honey, candy, etc
- Bus Tour Groups welcome! Please call ahead so we can be ready with some samples!!
- OTHER POINTS OF INTEREST IN CAMPBELLFORD: Campbellford is know for great little shops, mouthwatering eateries, wonderful fishing, golfing and hiking.
- The Indian Bike Museum, The Gigantic Two Dollar Coin, Trans Canada Trail, Ferris Provincial Park, with *NEW* THE RANNEY GORGE SUSPENSION BRIDGE* For Details on The Bridge and Ferris Provincial Park
- Highlights are Dooher's Bakery, Bennett's Home Furnishings, Lots of Unique Shops, World's Finest Chocolate Factory Outlet (made here), Empire Cheese Factory, Military Museum, Church Key Brewery, Westben Arts Festival Theatre,
- **Local Shops**Accommodations**Tourist Attractions & More!
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/empire