360 Dibble W.,
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : The Great Waterway
- Pop. 258. In Augusta T., United Cs. of Leeds and Grenville on C. Rds. 18 & 26,7 km. NW of Prescott.
- The story goes that when residents asked Reeve John Dumbrille to suggest a name in 1880, he offered Frogmore after one of Queen Victoria's homes.
- Residents were not amused since a nearby swamp was filled with noisy frogs, so Dumbrille suggested Domville, the original French Huguenot version of his family name.
- Between Prescott and Domville is the hamlet of Sparkle City. The place started in 1946 as a collection of tarpaper shacks, but then new homes were built and the lights from them at night ended the run-down appearance of the settlement.
- Prescott residents regarded the lights as 'sparkles' on the road to Domville and in 1978 the hamlet officially received that name.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/domville