110 Zetta Crt Rr 2
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Northeastern Ontario
- Pop. 1,136. In Dymond T., Timiskaming Dist., on the Wabi R. and Hwys 11 & 65, 4 km. N of New Liskeard.
- The township at the head of L. Timiskaming was subdivided in 1889 by T. B. Speight, who described the area as being 'admirably adapted to agricultural purposes,' with 90 percent of the land of excellent quality.
- C. B. Bowman, while surveying the area, met Jim Heard, a logger, who suggested Bowman name the new townships after Heard's team of oxen, Dymond and Bucke.
- The Ontario government, concerned with the exodus of farmers to Western Canada in the late 1800s, opened up the area, and Crown Land Agent John Armstrong set up his office on the bank of the Wabi R.
- The community of Dymond takes its name from Dymond T.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/dymond