112 Guelph St.
Ontario Tourism Region : Hamilton, Halton, and Brant
- Pop. 26,193. Part of the Town of Halton Hills, Reg. Mun. of Halton, on the Credit R., Hwy 7 and C. Rd. 14,46 km W of Toronto.
- The settle¬ment was fIrst known as Hungry Hollow. When the post office opened in 1851 it was named Georgetown after either the British monarch George III, or George Kennedy, the first settler, who came to the area in 1821.
- In 1888 John RoafBarber installed a dynamo in the Credit R. to augment the power of his paper mill. He was the first person in Canada to use hydro-electric power for industrial purposes.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/georgetownontario