15 Northtown Way
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Greater Toronto Area
- Pop. 541,796. A city within Metropolitan Toronto, formerly a borough of Metropolitan Toronto.
- The City of North York is bounded on the N by the Ts. of Vaughan and Markham; on the E by the City of Scarborough; on the S by the Borough of E York and on the W by the Humber R.
- In 1996, with a population of558,000, it was Ontario's second-largest city after Toronto. Lester Bowles Pearson (1897-1972) was born in North York.
- He was the first Canadian to win the Nobel Prize, which was awarded for his peace-making role in the Suez Crisis of 1956.
- He was prime minister of Canada 1963-1968. The Hon. George Stewart Henry (1871-1958) was also born in North York and began his political career as a councillor for York T.
- He was premier of Ontario 1930-1934.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/northyork