Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Huron, Perth, Waterloo and Wellington
- At the meeting of Oxford, Perth and Waterloo Cs. in Waterloo Region, and C. Rds. 4, 24 and 101,2 km. S of Hwys 7 & 8, 20 km. SE of Stratford.
- This community is no longer marked on the Official Road Map of Ontario and the townships some years ago gave up replacing the place name signboards which used to disappear almost as quickly as they were erected.
- There are two popular explanations for the quaint name. The first is that among the industrious German settlers, one was lazy, grew only pumpkins and was nicknamed Punkeydoodle.
- The more likely name source is early settler John Zurbrucken who frequently sang the catchy song Yankle Doodle, but with his modest command of the English language, garbled the lyrics.
- The Punkeydoodles Corners post office opened for six hours on June 26, 1982, to issue first-day covers for stamp collectors.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/punkeydoodlescorner