108059 Hwy 7
Ontario Tourism Region : Ontario's Highlands
- see Google Map above
- Regular Season: May 1st to Dec 24th (inclusive) Mon to Sat: 10 am to 5 pm Sun: 12 noon to 5 pm. Off Season: Dec 25th to April 30th either by appointment or by chance
- Black River Trading Company is currently in its sixth year but its roots go way back. We have been travelling the globe for about 25 years looking mostly for handcrafted things.
- In that time we've travelled to about 40 countries (Latin American, African & Asian) and, although the current focus is Indonesian wood sculpture and furniture, you will find many other things from different countries in our inventory.
- Previous to Black River Trading Company we ran a wholesale business for about a decade selling to retail outlets from coast to coast...tough business that was...work all the time for no gain at all. ?
- In the nineties we operated an interesting retail venture (known as 'Foreign Lands') doing fund raising for international development groups on university and college campuses coast to coast.
- While trying to make a living from it we also raised about $500,000.00 for groups such as Amnesty International, Cuso, Oxfam, etc. This was a monumental lot of work but it worked well for a while.
- Ultimately that business was destroyed though for the University administrations kept increasing the rents to the point where it became impossible to make a living from it.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/blackrivertradingcompany