5600 County Rd. # 2
Ontario Tourism Region : Kawartha and Northumberland
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Powder coating is a type of coating that is applied as a free-flowing, dry powder.
- The main difference between a conventional liquid paint and a powder coating is that the powder coating does not require a solvent to keep the binder and filler parts in a liquid suspension form.
- The coating is typically applied electrostatically and is then cured under heat to allow it to flow and form a 'skin'. The powder may be a thermoplastic or a thermoset polymer.
- It is usually used to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint.
- Powder coating is mainly used for coating of metals, such as household appliances, aluminium extrusions, drum hardware, and automobile and bicycle parts. Newer technologies allow other materials, such as MDF (medium-density fibreboard).
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/greenaway