18 Bridge Street West
Ontario Tourism Region : Kawartha and Northumberland
- Summer hours: Mon-Sat 11:30am-8:00pm Winter: Monday 5:00 - 8:00 Tuesday Closed Wednesday 5:00 - 8:00 Thursday 11:00 - 8:00 Friday 11:00 - 8:00 Saturday 11:00 - 8:00 Sunday Closed Please note that our hours change with the season
Description From Owner:
- Karma's By The River offers delicious South Asian and Himalayan cuisine at the corner of Bridge and Queen Street.
- Established in 2004, Karma's Café has built an enormous reputation for culinary excellence in the heart of downtown Peterborough's café district.
- Owner and head chef Karma Phuntshok's philosophy is simple: balance the traditions of South Asian and Himalayan cuisine with local tastes, using locally grown produce.
- Living with his grandparents in Bhutan, Karma began cooking rice at the age of 6. His first teacher was his 7 year old cousin Rinzin Wangmo.
- After leaving Benchen Monastery in Kathmandu, Nepal at the age of 19, Karma embarked upon a professional cooking career.
- An avid traveler, Karma has cooked rice a thousand different ways in a thousand different places around the world, eventually establishing himself in the kitchens of New York City restaurants.
- Central to Karma's philosophy is that food must be prepared with love. 'Cooking when you're angry... that's not good!'
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/karmasbytheriver