437 West Front St., P.O. Box 174*
Ontario Tourism Region : Ontario's Highlands
- Stirling is located 25 minutes north west of Belleville on Hwys 62 and 14. The Museum is located in the west side of Stirling at the Fair grounds.
- Hours of Operation: Open Victoria Day Weekend through Labour Day. 7 Days a Week. 10am - 4 pm. last admission 3 pm. Groups Welcome by Appointment.
- OUR MANDATE: To recognize and preserve our agricultural heritage for future generations by displaying and demonstrating artifacts in a living environment which will emphasize their educational and nostalgic value.
- SPECIAL EVENTS: Farm machinery demonstrations, Antique tractor pulls, Antique tractor displays....
- The museum houses replicas of a dairy barn, cheese factory, creamery, butter and milk storage room, and farm kitchen and parlour; all from the 1940s.
- Highlighted artifacts: Dutch Clock, cheese vat, curd cutters, various cheese presses and hoops, milk bottler, wooden butter churn, papier mache cows, and collections of dairy calendars, milk bottles and cheese and butter boxes.
- Many other artifacts to delight young and old, farmers and antique lovers.
- Come Visit the Past!!
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/farmtown