2830 County Rd 8, RR#5
Ontario Tourism Region : Kawartha and Northumberland
Tour Group Person Limit: 100
- From the 401 at Belleville, exit 543 and drive north on Hwy 62 to Hwy 14; west on 14 to Stirling. From Toronto, exit 509(Brighton) and drive to Campbellford on Hwy 30. Chubby's is 8 km west of Stirling or 8 km. east of Campbellford on the south side of 8
- PLEASE NO RESERVATIONS by EMAIL 5 pm. - 8:30 pm. every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Special functions only Monday through Thursday. MOTHER'S DAY BUFFET SITTINGS Noon, 5 pm. and 6:30 pm. ! Closed January and February.
Description From Owner:
- Nominated for Business Excellence Award 2010!! ONE OF A KIND BUFFET! PRIVATE functions Monday - Thursday bookings of 45 people or more. CELEBRATING 25 YEARS IN BUSINESS IN 2009!
- Deluxe salad bar and soup of the day; Chef's choice of 2 hot entrees, potatoes and vegetables; Deluxe dessert table; all for $19.95 +txs, coffee & tea extra. Mother's Day ~ roast beef buffet 11am - 2 pm.
- A short history of Hoard's Cheese and Butter Factory; the site of Chubby's Country Restaurant: originally built in 1904, the cheddar factory started year round production in 1957 and closed in 1969. At its peak about 50 farmers were 'patrons',
- supplying milk for cheese production. The Hoard's Cheese and Butter Co. made Stilton, a ten and 1/2 year cheddar. Households bought a large cheese and preserved it from mould by covering it with a cloth soaked in vinegar.
- Hello & welcome to our web page: ) Our names are Amy & Mike & we welcome you! Where Chubbys is located is a 100 year old building that's full of stories to tell.
- From a cheese factory to a fine dining country delight! Home cooking from yesteryear, from your mother to my mother to you! Delicious homemade desserts to mmmmmmelt in your mouth, from our kitchen to your table freshness guaranteed!
- What we give our customers is exactly what we would expect when dining out good wholesome country cooking! Chubbys started in 1984 in a little diner that seated 30 to where we are today seating 100. Earl & Mary had 2 restaurants on the go.
- Earl also worked at the penitentiary as a food service officer after retiring from the military after 25 years of service. It got to be quite a bit for Earl & Mary so they decided to sell the diner , retire from the pen. & concentrate on Chubbys.
- After 44 years of service Earl decides its time to retire, offered the business to his daughter & her husband & like everything it just keeps getting better with age !
- My mother taught me to give your customers the finest ingredients no more & no less than you would expect!
- Come to Chubbys & experience the taste that tells it all !!! : ) If you would like to email us please do so , we'd love to hear from you & we will respond to your emails , but PLEASE NO RESERVATIONS as we only read our emails when we get a chance.
- We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause & thank-you for taking the time to read our little history. Remember Chubbys... it's the place where good friends meet!
- MOTHER'S DAY BUFFET ! SITTINGS Noon, 5 pm. and 6:30 pm.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/chubbys