1531 Main St.
Ontario Tourism Region : Southwestern
- First called Acadiaville when Acadians lived here, and later Little Arichat when there was an active shipbuilding industry.
- The name was changed by provincial statute in 1866. By 1860 West Arichat was home port to 70 ships hauling coal and produce to the US. In 1881 the population was 1,586.
- With permission from 'Nova Scotia Place Names' David E. Scott 2015
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/WestArichat