377 William St., P.O. Box 1112
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : York, Durham and Hills of Headwaters
- Shelburne is located at the intersection of hwy 89 &124. The Fairgrounds are located adjacent to Centre Dufferin Recreation Complex off Owen sound Street, in Shelburne, Ontario. The Livestock entrance is located on William St. near the Fire Hall.
- September 18, 19, 20, 2009
- The purpose of the Shelburne District Agricultural Society is to promote the importance of agricultural generally through educational displays and competitions.
- This year is the Shelburne & District Agricultural Society’s 143nd annual fall fair. Our theme this year is A Down Home Country Christmas.
- You can check out the Antique Car Show, the working display of antique farm equipment, cattle shows, sheep shows, and the chain saw carving demo!
- There will be heavy horse pulls, tractor (mini rod) pulls and, in the arena we have the 4-H Tea Room, exhibits, domestic sciences, needlework, roots and vegetables, the Fair Ambassador Competition, Arts and Crafts and much much more!
- New this year is the: Extreme Lawn Tractor races, sure to be a crowd pleaser! Please note that the Demolition Derby is at at new time this year - 5 pm on Saturday.
- What hasn’t changed over the years is the volunteer capacity that is required to put on this event.
- The preparations begin the day after the fair closes and continues throughout the year. Our volunteers go above and beyond every year to put on a great fair for the community.
- If you want to get involved with your community, becoming a volunteer with the fair is a rewarding experience and a good way to meet people in the local area.
- Please accept our invitation to join us at the 143rd fall fair on September 18, 19 & 20th, 2009. Look for old favourites, such as the midway, pet show and the 4-H competitions.
- And check out the new attractions such as the 'Growing Young Minds interactive display at the Agri-cation Centre, and the youth karaoke contest.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/shelburnefair