RR#5, #1120 Cty Rd. 8
Ontario Tourism Region : Kawartha and Northumberland
- Accessible from the 401 on either Hwys 30 or 33 (exit 509-Brighton or exit 526-Glen Miller) to Campbellford or Stirling. Drive 20 km west of Stirling on Hwy 8 or 7 km east of Campbellford on Cty Rd. 8. #1120.
- Monday - Saturday 8am - 5 pm. Sunday 9am - 5 pm Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Year’s Day.
Description From Owner:
- The first Empire Cheese Factory was built in the late 1870s, almost 150 years ago, on the farm now owned by Glen and Sandra Petherick. The first cheesemaker was John Haig.
- Today the Empire Cheese and Butter Co-Op is the only cheese manufacturing plant left in Northumberland County and the first one east of Toronto. We are now HACCP registered, the top of the heap in food quality standards!
- Empire Cheese is now sold through the factory store as well as various outlets in Peterborough, Lindsay, Oshawa, Cobourg, Kingston, Stouffville, Orono, Port Perry, Markham, and Uxbridge, just to name a few.
- Empire Cheese is owned by local dairy farmers who hold an election each year to vote in a Board of Directors to run the factory. The factory employs local workers for full and part-time positions year-round.
- We offer mild, medium, old, extra old, 3-year, 4-year and 5-year-old cheddar as well as mozzarella and havarti. Some of our specialty flavours include caramelized onion, garlic, caraway, jalapeno, salsa, red chilies, cranberry and more!
- Empire Cheese offers a wide selection of gift baskets suitable for friends, relatives, and that after-dinner speaker at your club. Our baskets include a variety of our famous cheeses complemented with high-quality crackers, jams, honey, candy, etc.
- Bus Tour Groups welcome!
- OTHER POINTS OF INTEREST IN CAMPBELLFORD: Campbellford is known for great little shops, mouthwatering eateries, wonderful fishing, golfing, and hiking.
- The Gigantic Two Dollar Coin, Trans Canada Trail, Ferris Provincial Park, River Conservation, and The Ranney Gorge Suspension Bridge. Other highlights in the area include Dooher's Bakery, Bennett's Home Furnishings, Lots of Unique Shops,
- Highlights are Dooher's Bakery, Bennett's Home Furnishings, Lots of Unique Shops, World's Finest Chocolate Factory Outlet (made here), Empire Cheese Factory, Military Museum, Church Key Brewery, Westben Arts Festival Theatre,
- Blommer Chocolate, Military Museum, Church Key Brewery, Westben Arts Festival Theatre.
- Local Shops, Accommodations, Tourist Attractions & More!
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/empire