15 Station St.
Ontario Tourism Region : York, Durham and Hills of Headwaters
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 1,025. Part of the Town ofCaledon, Reg. Mun. of Peel, on the West Br. of the Credit R. and C. Rd. 136, 82 km. NW of Toronto.
- The place was settled in the 1830s by members of the Thomas Russell family, who for three years were the only inhabitants.
- As others took up land in the area, the name Williamstown was used. When the post office was being established in 1854, postmaster John S. Meek suggested the name Alton after a town in Illinois.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/alton