5005 King St. W.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Niagara Falls and Wine Country
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 10,000. Part of the Town ofLincoIn, Reg. Mun. of Niagara, 3 kIn from L. Ontario on C. Rds. 18 & 81, 16 km. W of St. Catharines.
- The fIrst settler, Jacob Beam, was a United Empire Loyalist, who arrived in 1788, and after whom the town was named when the post office opened in 1832.
- Beamsville held its fIrst country fair in 1857 at which was exhibited a 24-inch (60 cm) carrot. Robert L. Gibson, a skilled stonecutter, established a quarry in 1875.
- . It flourished and provided many jobs, but in 1895 was permanently closed during a strike for higher wages. In 1961, a harness-racing world record was established when Fred Hill won all eight races on the day's card.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/Beamsville