940 Ewart St.,
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Bruce Peninsula, Southern Georgian Bay and Lake Simcoe
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 400. In Innisfil T.,Simcoe C.,on Cook Bay of L.Simcoe, 19 km. SE of Barrie. The place was named after James Bell Ewart, who owned the site before it was surveyed in 1855.
- The community became an important lumber manufacturing centre and millions offeet oflumber were shipped to Toronto by the Northern Railway.
- The timber resources diminished, a fire destroyed the steam sawmills and most of the town. The railway branch line was tom up, and the once-busy wharves gradually rotted away.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/bellewart