18 Doctor Lane S.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : York, Durham and Hills of Headwaters
Description From Owner:
- King City, Nobleton, Schomberg, Pottageville
- Pop. 4,500. In King T., Reg. Mun. of York on the E branch of the Humber R. and on C. Rds. 6 & 11, 35 km N of Toronto.
- Nathaniel Pearson Crossley was the first settler, in 1836. The place was first called Spring Hill because of many springs in the area, but that name was changed to King, after the T., when the post office was established.
- The township was likely named after John King, British undersecretary of state for the colonies in the 1790s. In 1953 the post office name was changed to King City.
- Nearby is Lake Marie Estate, former summer home of Sir Henry Pellatt, builder of Toronto's 98-room Casa Lorna.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/kingcity