170 Lundys Ln.,
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Bruce Peninsula, Southern Georgian Bay and Lake Simcoe
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 5,000. In Tosorontio T., Simcoe C., on C. Rd. 10 just south of Angus, 16 km. SW of Barrie.
- Camp Borden was established in 1916 as a training centre for Canadian Expeditionary Force battalions and up to 32,000 troops were based here.
- The following year an air training program was instituted under the Royal Flying Corps, Canada. Camp Borden was known briefly as Anderson Park in 1967, but is now called C.F.B. Borden (Canadian Forces Base).
- It is named after Sir Frederick William Borden, a member of Parliament and minister of militia in the early 1900s.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/borden