16019 Airport Rd.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : York, Durham and Hills of Headwaters
Description From Owner:
- . 2,086. Part of the Town ofCaledon, Reg. Mun. of Peel on C. Rds. 7 & 22,24 km NW of Brampton.
- The place was first known as Tarbox Corners after the first settlers, United Empire Loyalists Elisha and Elizabeth Tarbox who settled on her 200-acre (81 ha) grant of land in 1821.
- The first postmaster was James McDougall, but James Munsie, a later postmaster was such a popular man that the place was called Munsie's Corners for a time before it came to be called Paisley.
- In 1857 the settlement was named Caledon East because of its location at the eastern border of Caledon T.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/caledoneast