2537 County Rd 64
Ontario Tourism Region : The Great Waterway
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 76. In Murray T., Prince Edward C. on the isthmus between the Bay of Quinte and Wellers Bay of L. Ontario on C. Rd. 33,6 km SE of Trenton.
- The place was named because it was a portage point for First Nations Peoples between the two bays. In 1787, Sir John Johnson signed a treaty here with the Mississaugas who ceded a big chunk of Eastern Ontario to the Crown.
- In 1820 the post office opened as Murray, and the name was changed to Wellers Bay in 1893. In 1913 it was renamed Carrying Place.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/carryingplace