23 Cayuga N.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Southwestern
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 1,015. Part ofthe Town of Haldimand, Reg. Mun. of Haldimand¬Norfolk, on the Grand R. and Hwy 3 and C. Rds. 17 & 54,40 km S of Hamilton.
- The frrst settlers arrived in 1833 after a First Nations Peoples treaty gave the government permission to sell the lands for settlement.
- The community was named for the Cayugas of the Six Nations Indians, who were granted land in 1784 by Sir Frederick Haldimand, then governor of Upper Canada, as compensation for the loss of their lands in New York State.
- Cayuga became part of the Town of Haldimand in 1974 under regional government.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/cayuga