214 County Rd 29
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : The Great Waterway
- Pop. 353. In Hillier and Ameliasburgh Ts., Prince Edward C., between Weller's Bay off L. Ontario and Consecon L. on C. Rds. 1 & 33, 16 km. SE of Trenton.
- In 1668, two Sulpician priests established a mission to serve the Iroquois bands migrating to the N shore ofL. Ontario:
- For a few years the Kente (Quinte) Mission was a signifIcant outpost of French influence m the lower Great Lakes region.
- It was abandoned in 1680, mainly because of the growth of nearby Fort Frontenac. Matthias Marsh built the frrst grist mill in Ameliasburgh T. in 1804. In 1832 residents held a meeting and decided to call their community Marshton.
- Four years later, however, the post office opened as Consecon and the name came into common usage. Consecon derives from the Mississaugas word con-con (pickerel), a fish once found in abundance in Consecon L.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/consecon