1040 Rd. Dunning
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Ottawa and Countryside
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 479. In Rideau T., Reg. Mun. of Ottawa-Carleton, on the Ottawa R., and C. Rds. 34, 35 & 174, linked by ferry to Masson, QC, 26 km. NE of Ottawa.
- Abijah Dunning and his four sons arrived from Massachusetts in 1801. Within a short time they acquired 3,000 acres (l,215 ha) ofland. The next settler was Amable Foubert, who in 1807 bought some of the Dunning land and opened a trading post.
- For a time the place was called Foubertville and in 1856 when the post office opened, Osbourne. In 1863 Cumberland was named for the township of which it was a part, until the advent of regional government in 1969.
- The township was named after Prince Ernest Augustus, Duke of Cumberland, fifth son of George III.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/cumberlandontario