12 Finlay Mill Rd,
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Bruce Peninsula, Southern Georgian Bay and Lake Simcoe
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 102. In Oro T., Simcoe C. on C. Rd. 11,22 km NE of Barrie. The place was founded in 1832 and fIrst named Richardson's Corners.
- Three years later it was renamed Oro after the T. In 1869 it was renamed to honour early pioneer John Edgar.
- Oro T. was named in 1820 by Lt.-Gov. Sir Peregrine Maitland for the Spanish word 'gold.' The plan at that time was to settle the area with liberated slaves and the name reflected the African colony of Rio de Oro, noted for its gold and slave trade.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/edgar