Ontario Tourism Region : Bruce Peninsula, Southern Georgian Bay and Lake Simcoe
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 575. In Artemesia T., Grey C., on the Boyne R. and Hwy 10 and C. Rd. 4, 38 km SE of Owen Sound.
- The first settler was tavern owner Aaron Munshaw in 1849. The post office opened as Artemesia in 1851, after the township.
- Artemesia is a Greek word denoting the genus of plants including wormwood and mugwort.
- After William Kingston Flesher acquired land in 1853 and built a large saw- and grist mill on the Boyne R., the place became known as Flesher's Corners. In 1867 the name was changed to Flesherton.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/flesherton