39 Pelham Town Square
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Niagara Falls and Wine Country
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 6,000. Part of the Town of Pelham, Reg. Mun. of Niagara on C. Rds. 20, 36 & 63,10 km NW of Welland.
- The place was first called Osborne's Comers after the first settler, but named Pelham after the township when the post office opened in 1836.
- The township was named after Henry Pelham, fifth Duke of Newcastle. Most early settlers came either from England or Nova Scotia, the latter persuaded to move by Dexter D'Everardo, appointed the first county registrar in 1851.
- During the 1840s Pelham was called Temperanceville, but in 1856 the community was renamed Fonthill after Fonthill Abbey in Wiltshire, England.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/fonthill