478 Ashley St.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : The Great Waterway
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 1,200. In Thurlow T., Hastings C., on the Moira R., Hwy 62 and C. Rd. 14, II km. NW of Belleville.
- . Settled in 1789 by William Reed and Richard Smith and frrst named Smithville after either Richard Smith or blacksmith Smith Demorest, who made nails and, around 1800, built the frrst clapboard house in the settlement.
- The post office, opened in 1851, was named Smithville, but not surprisingly, there was already a Smithville.
- In 1861 the name was changed to Foxboro, possibly after a Foxboro Hall in Suffolk, England, or a Foxborough Hall in County Roscommon, Ireland.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/foxboro