23 North Trent St.,
Ontario Tourism Region : The Great Waterway
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 2,096. In Sidney T., Hastings C., on the Trent R. at the mouth of Cold Cr. and C. Rds. 4 & 33, 12 km. N of Trenton.
- In the 1820s Abel Scott built a grist mill on what was then known as Nine Mile Rapids, and the settlement was first called Scott's Mill or Cold Creek.
- For a time it was also known as Manchester, but when the post office opened in 1838, Sir Francis Bond Head named it Frankfort after himself. The name later changed to Frankford.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/frankford