RR # 2,
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : The Great Waterway
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 39. In Frontenac C., on c. Rds. 8 & 38, 42 km. NW of Kingston. When the post office opened in 1854, postmaster William Dennison called the place Deniston after himself.
- . In 1875 the Kingston and Pembroke Railway station here was called Iron Ore Junction because branch lines ran to nearby iron mines.
- Later the place was called Bedford for a nearby township. In 1878 it was named Godfrey after developer Chester Godfrey who was also a director of the railway.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/godfrey