4078 County Rd
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Kawartha and Northumberland
- Pop. 197. InSommervilleT., VictoriaC.,onBurntRandC. Rds. 45 & 121,57 km N of Lindsay.
- . John Hunter built the fIrst mill in 1861. The place was fIrst called Burnt River after the river that flows through it. When the post office was established in 1859 it was named Kinrnount after a place in Dumfriesshire, Scotland.
- A fIre in 1890 almost wiped out the entire community. The Lindsay fire brigade, alerted by telegraph, arrived within 50 minutes by railway, but at least 12 businesses and stores were lost.
- In 1928 the Burnt R. flooded the town, causing widespread damage. The Highlands Cinema Film Museum is a unique small museum of old movie theatre equipment and projectors, posters and books dating from 1899.
- The collection is displayed in the large common lobby of three small cinemas which are decorated in the style of the 1920s with authentic furnishings rescued from movie theatres tom down across North America.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/kinmountontario