Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Southwestern
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 437. In Norfolk T., Reg. Mun. of Haldimand Norfolk on C. Rds. 28 & 59,21 km. SW of Simcoe.
- The place was fIrst known as North Walsingham, and a post office opened under that name in 1854. In 1862 the name was changed to Langton to honour John Langton, auditor general of Canada 1867-1878.
- The community grew rapidly in the 1870s when the excellent forests of the region were exploited. When the supply of timber was exhausted, that industry was replaced by tobacco growing.
- In 1945 Langton opened the fIrst central public school in Ontario built by a municipality.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/langton