11632 22 Side Rd,
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Hamilton, Halton, and Brant
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 230. In Reg. Mun. of Halton Hills on the W branch of the Credit R., 23 km. SW of Brampton.
- Limehouse was first known as The Rock and was later named Fountain Green, but when the post office was established in 1857 it was named Limehouse for the limestone that abounded in the area.
- In the 1850s, lime kilns were built to produce quicklime which, when mixed with water, formed mortar.
- In the 1880s, the Bescoby Lime Works employed more than 100 men on three shifts, producing 75,000 bushels (27,300 hl) of lime a year from six kilns.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/limehouse