114 Forestry Rd.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Northwest Ontario
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 1,769. In Oakes T., Thunder Bay Dist. at the N end of Long L. and Hwy II, 213 km W of Hearst and 296 km NE of Thunder Bay.
- The region was well known to fur traders by the mid-1700s and was a centre of commerce by 1800.
- From 1814 until their merger in 1821, the Hudson's Bay Company and the North West Company operated separate trading posts a short distance apart on Long L. in bitter competition with each other.
- Permanent settlement did not take place until after 1900. Canadian Northern Railway employees Mr. Ruel and A. J. Hills suggested the name Longuelac for the railway station.
- The post office, established in 1919, took the name Longlac.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/longlac