37 Long Sault Dr.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : The Great Waterway
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 1,509. In Cornwall T., Stormont, Dundas, and Glengarry Cs., on the St. Lawrence R. and C. Rd. 2,14 km W of Cornwall.
- The community was established as a result of the flooding of the St. Lawrence R. shore m 1957 by the St. Lawrence Seaway project and represents the union of the former communities of Mille Roches and Moulinette.
- During the planning stages it was known as New Town No.2. (New Town No.1 was Ingleside.)
- Before the widening of the river, Moulinette (French for 'little mill') was on the St. Lawrence shore on then Hwy 2, 11 km W of Cornwall.
- Mille Roche (French for 'thousand rocks,' which could be seen at the foot of rapids in the St. Lawrence) was 8 km W of Cornwall on Bergin L., part of the Cornwall Canal. Sault is a French word for a series of rapids.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/longsault