361 Macdougall St,
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Northeastern Ontario
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 984. In Matheson T., Cochrane Dist., on the Black R. and Hwys 11 & 101, 60 km. NW of Kirkland Lake.
- First named McDougall Chute after an early trapper when the post office opened in 1907. In 1911 the name was changed to Matheson Station to honour provincial treasurer Arthur J. Matheson.
- In 1916 a massive forest fire destroyed 500,000 acres (202,500 ha) of timber and the communities of Matheson, Porquis Junction, Iroquois Falls, Kelso, Nushla, and Raymore -- with a loss of more than 200 lives.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/matheson