Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Northeastern Ontario
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 1,028. In Graham T., Nipissing Dist., on C. Rd. 55, 18 km SW of Sudbury. In 1824 the Hudson's Bay Company built a trading post at Whitefish L. to discourage independent traders from working the area north of the French R.
- In 1887 the post was moved to Naughton to facilitate rail shipments. The community was named McNaughtonville in 1883 after Sudbury. Judge Andrew McNaughton.
- That year the judge lost his way in the woods, touching off a large but successful search. When the post office opened in 1902 the name was shortened to Naughton.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/naughton