64 McIntyre St.,
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Northeastern Ontario
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 459. In Nairn T., Sudbury Dist., on the Spanish R. and Hwy 17, 51 km. SW of Sudbury.
- When the CPR's Algoma Branch from Sudbury to Sault Ste. Marie was completed in 1886, the only buildings at the town site were the station, section house, and the shanties of trappers and lumberjacks. The station then was called Nelson.
- The community took the name of Nairn from the township, named after Nairnshire, Scotland. In 1897 the post office called Nelsonville took the name Nairn Centre. '
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/nairncentre