Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Southwestern
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 700. In Bosanquet T., Lambton C., on L. Huron at the original mouth of the Ausable R, 2.5 km N of Hwy 21, 64 km NE of Samia.
- The first post office opened in 1854 as Goldcreek and closed in 1870. When the post office reopened in 1874, it was renamed Port Franks after Charles Franks, vice-president of the Canada Company, which in 1835 owned land along the lakeshore.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/portfranks