41952 Hwy # 41,
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : The Great Waterway
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 149. In the United Cs. of Lennox and Addington, on the Salmon R. and C. Rds. 6 & 41, 18 km. NW of Napanee.
- The community was first called Spencer's Mills after Ezra A. Spencer who operated saw and grist mills. When the Richmond Road was built north from Napanee in 1852, Spencer refused to allow his property to be divided, so the road by passed Spencer's Mill
- In 1856 Spencerville was proposed as the name of the post office about to be opened, but the name was refused because there was another Spencerville in the United Cs. of Leeds and Grenville.
- The name Roblin was assigned to the place, honouring David Roblin, member for Lennox and Addington in the Legislative Assembly of Canada 1854-1861.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/roblin