112 Guelph St.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Hamilton, Halton, and Brant
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 250. Part of the Town of Halton Hills in the Reg. Mun. of Halton on C. Rds. 3 & 15, 17 km. NW of Milton.
- When the post office was established in 1832, the place was named Esquesing after the township in which the community was located. The township's name was a First Nations Peoples word meaning 'that which lies at the end.'
- The settlement was later named Stewarttown after the original settler, Duncan Stewart, who arrived in the 1 820s. Stewarttown is the correct name, although variations have included Stewartstown, Stewarton, Stewart Town, and Stewartown.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/stewarttown