Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Bruce Peninsula, Southern Georgian Bay and Lake Simcoe
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 1,069. In Culross T., Bruce C., on the Teeswater R., and C. Rds. 4 & 6, 22 km SW of Walkerton.
- The village started in 1856 when farmers Matthew Hadwin, P. B. Brown, Alexander Gibson, and Ira Fulford had parts of their farms surveyed into lots. Development was slow until the arrival of the Toronto, Grey and Bruce Railway in 1874.
- When the post office opened in 1856, the village took its name from the river, which had been named after England's River Tees which formed the boundary between Yorkshire and Durham Cs. and now runs through the middle of Cleveland.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/teeswaterontario