Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Southwestern
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 817. In Bosanquet T., Lambton C., on C. Rds. 6, 7 & 79, 51 km NE of Sarnia.
- When the Grand Trunk Railway came through the area in 1859, a station was provided at the site of what is now Thedford, to serve the people of the hamlet of Widder, about 2 km SW of the rail line.
- Farmer Nelson Southworth gave the railroad the land on which the station was built, on the condition that he could name the place Thetford after his hometown in Vermont.
- When the name was changed from Widder Station in 1867, Thetford was misspelled Thedford. A village in central Nebraska in the United States is named after Thedford, ON.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/thedford