1682 Main St.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Northeastern Ontario
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 4,036. Part of the Town of Valley East, Reg. Mun. of Sudbury, on C. Rds. 15 & 80, 12 km. N of Sudbury.
- The post office was established in 1944, and Clarence Bissaillon was appointed the first postmaster.
- Postmasters have traditionally had the right to name their offices after themselves, but Bissaillon' s request for his name was turned down as being too difficult to spell and pronounce.
- The post office then named the place Val Caron after the fIrst Jesuit missionary in the district, Rev. Father Hormisdas Caron, who founded the parish of Blezard Valley in 1901.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/valcaron