Ontario Tourism Region : Bruce Peninsula, Southern Georgian Bay and Lake Simcoe
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 124. In Grey C. on C. Rd. 29 just north of C. Rd. 40, 27 km SE of Owen Sound.
- John Walter of Somerset, England, settled here in 1850 and built a mill.
- When the post office was established in 1855 the community was called Walter's Place after him, but the following year the name was changed to Walter's Falls.
- At some later date the apostrophe was removed from the name.
- Walter died in 1867 and was the first person to be buried in St. Philip's Anglican Cemetery here.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/waltersfalls