58 Main S.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Southwestern
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 1,660. In Warwick T, Lambton C., on C. Rd. 79, 53 km W of London.
- Named Brown's Corners in 1850 for the first settler, George Brown. When the post office was established in 1854, with Brown as postmaster, the name was changed to Watford after an English town in Hertfordshire.
- One of the first automobiles in Canada was built in Watford in 1900 by a local blacksmith, D. A. Maxwell, who spent two years perfecting the vehicle.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/watfordontario