263 Bloomfield Main
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : The Great Waterway
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 246. In Hallowell T., Prince Edward C., on West L. and C. Rd. 12, 14 km SW of Picton. The settlement was first called West Point.
- The post office was established in 1865, and the community took its name from West L., on which it is situated.
- West L. is an almost landlocked, triangular-shaped lake off Wellington Bay of Lake Ontario. The first seminary in Canada of the Society of Friends was opened in 1841 a few kms NE of West L.
- The West Lake Boarding School was opened the same year to girls, and the following year a second building was opened to house male students.
- The school was remotely situated and inadequately supported, and was forced to close in 1865. It is now a private dwelling.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/westlakepec