18 Bridge St.,
Ontario Tourism Region : Huron, Perth, Waterloo and Wellington
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 185. In Woolwich T., Waterloo C. on the Grand R., and C. Rd. 86, 14 km N of Waterloo.
- The place was named Montrose in 1866 by A. L. Anderson from Montrose, Scotland, who bought land and laid out a townsite.
- There already was a Montrose in Welland C., so the 'west' was added to avoid confusion within the postal service.
- West Montrose has the last covered bridge in Ontario, known locally as the 'Kissing Bridge,' because its darkened interior is conducive to that activity.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/westmontrose