268 Main St.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Southwestern
Description From Owner:
- Pop. 26. In Euphemia T., Lambton C., on C. Rds. 2 & 79, 35 km NE of Chatham.
- When the post office opened here in 1852 the place was called Sutherland's Corners after early settlers. The name remained in use until late in the 19th century when the post office was petitioned for a shorter name.
- In 1896 the name was changed to Cario, but a year later was changed to Cairo after the city in Egypt or those in Missouri or Illinois. The post office closed in 1961.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/cairo