4572 Penetanguishene Rd.
Take Control of this Listing
Increase traffic to this record by adding photos, videos, and embedded social media feeds.
Ontario Tourism Region : Bruce Peninsula, Southern Georgian Bay and Lake Simcoe
- Pop. 90. In Medonte & Vespra Ts., where the Ts. of Flos, Medonte, Oro and Vespra Ts. meet and Simcoe C., on C. Rds. 22 & 93, 26 km SW of Orillia.
- First known as Morrison's Corners after John Morrison, a tavern keeper on the Penetanguishene Road, a military supply road built in 1819 linking the naval base on Georgian Bay with Kempenfeldt Bay on Lake Simcoe.
- When a post office opened nearby in 1837, it was called Flos after the nearby T. Hon. James Patton owned land on the SE side of the community and laid out village lots.
- When the post office was moved to the village site, Patton suggested the name be changed to Craighurst to honour a pioneer family.
Address of this page: http://www.ruralroutes.com/craighurst